Look, I’ll be honest with you…CustomMummy caught my attention because the duo seem to perform live while wearing some incredibly creepy cat masks. Just browse the duo’s MySpace and look at the various pictures showing them hunched behind tables while wearing unsettling feline faces pulled from a 70s grindhouse movie…about cat murderers or something. CustomMummy, though, also make some pretty solid breakbeat jams, thus saving themselves from just being those creeps in the cat masks. There take on manic drum sampling leans toward the industrial, depressed electronic bleeps colliding with crunching blasts of noise. It’s not quite Nine Inch Nails, but carries enough traces of that grim genre to deserve mention. In “UFO Or USSR,” they go one step forward and blast some 8-bit noises into the mix, making an especially wild number that would work wonders soundtracking a child’s nightmare about clowns. And of course, cat masks.
- yabakunee asked: In your post about reviewing the new Capsule album, you mentioned that Yasutaka Nakata is... tmblr.co/ZLtbWw10R5WNN 4 hours ago
- On the new album from May.e @eflmay which highlights why she has been one of Japan's finest artists of 2013 makebelievemelodies.com/?p=9590 11 hours ago
- Just looked at the iflyer site for the first time in months and everything was "EDM!" "EDM!" "EDM!" man that buzz word sure took off 12 hours ago
- RT @jeremypgordon: Weird way to put it! RT @FastCompany: Late Leader Nelson Mandela's 5 Most Innovative Moments, by @anya1anya http://t.co/… 21 hours ago
- Turns out doing an interview in a cafe blasting fun. makes for transcription hell 2 days ago