Indie bands using violins and other orchestra-approved instruments has been in vogue for a while now, long enough where the shock of seeing a cello amongst electric guitars has all but vanished. At first glance, seeing something called the “Riddim Saunter Orchestra” leads to assumptions that you’re bound to hear yet another wide-eyed group of kids singing about hefty topics. Thankfully, the orchestra in question is actually the spazzy rock band Riddim Saunter, who’ve employed the help of a string section for their song “Sweet & Still.” It never lags – think Jens Lekman only with a small orchestra instead of samples. If that doesn’t peak your interest, this hopefully should – Baltimore speed punks The Death Set dig Riddim Saunter according to their MySpace.
- We’ve moved! Check out the new site…
- New BOYISH: “The Hidden Secrets”
- Preview A New Perfume Track Now: “Hurly Burly”
- Aren’t In Kansas Anymore: MFP’s “Don’t U Cry No More”
- New Pop-Office: “Young Town Blood Turn”
- Hotel Mexico Cover Ed N.Stead: “Under Consideration”
- New The Paellas: “Following”
- New EeL: “Peekaboo”
- New Talon: “Miss You”
- New Magical Mistakes: “Bright Light” (With Matthewdavid And Illuminauts Remixes)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.