Turner is a composer out of Kanagawa prefecture dabbling in piano-driven instrumentals. For the most part, this artist’s vignettes carry a very cinematic feel – not in scope, but in a “I could see a little animated rabbit or something walking around a glen while this plays” sort of way. Makes sense, given Turner lists Joe Hisaishi as one of a major influence. A few tracks stand out – the elegant “Deep Sea” adds sleek synths and (eventually) muffled drumbreaks to create music appropriate for both a documentary on whales and Lullatone fans. “Solid Water” is Turner getting more physical: the piano gets slightly hidden by an upfront beat and bass line as the song adds all sorts of tricks before it ends at the four-minute mark.
- We’ve moved! Check out the new site…
- New BOYISH: “The Hidden Secrets”
- Preview A New Perfume Track Now: “Hurly Burly”
- Aren’t In Kansas Anymore: MFP’s “Don’t U Cry No More”
- New Pop-Office: “Young Town Blood Turn”
- Hotel Mexico Cover Ed N.Stead: “Under Consideration”
- New The Paellas: “Following”
- New EeL: “Peekaboo”
- New Talon: “Miss You”
- New Magical Mistakes: “Bright Light” (With Matthewdavid And Illuminauts Remixes)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.