I haven’t been to keen on The Chef Cooks Me up to this point because, despite being spazzy, never seemed to do anything interesting with it. Oddly enough, a really spazzy decision has now led to some of their most accessible and listenable music yet. For their new mini-album, the band has decided to go acoustic. Turning the power off doesn’t end up being a disaster, but rather a nice change of pace – their tunes now have more room to breathe. The spontaneous Los Campesinos’! shouts even standout more against a truly twee backdrop. The giddy-hop of “Young In Rags” or even the stripped-down balld “Our Page” just wouldn’t be possible using their usually cluttered style. I doubt they stick to this stripped down formula, so enjoy it while you can. A few samples can be found here.
- We’ve moved! Check out the new site…
- New BOYISH: “The Hidden Secrets”
- Preview A New Perfume Track Now: “Hurly Burly”
- Aren’t In Kansas Anymore: MFP’s “Don’t U Cry No More”
- New Pop-Office: “Young Town Blood Turn”
- Hotel Mexico Cover Ed N.Stead: “Under Consideration”
- New The Paellas: “Following”
- New EeL: “Peekaboo”
- New Talon: “Miss You”
- New Magical Mistakes: “Bright Light” (With Matthewdavid And Illuminauts Remixes)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.