“Melt” is the key word in this band’s moniker. This three-piece manages to boil down a whole lot of musical influences on “ミライミライ,” the first single from Birds Melt Sky’s debut mini-album Birds In Space. Those opening swaths of synth bring to mind the sky-high electro of Bang Bang Balloon or √thumm, then enter the guitar line in all its Cornelius beauty. On top of all this Birds Melt Sky also pile on a celestial series of bleeps that is way harder to place. Ambient? Minimalist? Straight off of E.T.’s spaceship? The vocals keep all of these gooey elements from rubbing together too much, the singing standing out as the most earthbound piece of this track.
- We’ve moved! Check out the new site…
- New BOYISH: “The Hidden Secrets”
- Preview A New Perfume Track Now: “Hurly Burly”
- Aren’t In Kansas Anymore: MFP’s “Don’t U Cry No More”
- New Pop-Office: “Young Town Blood Turn”
- Hotel Mexico Cover Ed N.Stead: “Under Consideration”
- New The Paellas: “Following”
- New EeL: “Peekaboo”
- New Talon: “Miss You”
- New Magical Mistakes: “Bright Light” (With Matthewdavid And Illuminauts Remixes)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.