Despite the title, The Blonde Plastic Wagon’s “Touch & Go!!” sounds like no band to ever grace the Touch & Go label. Well, maybe a little bit like Ted Leo, but that’s it. “Touch & Go!!” has more in common with modern-day indie-guitar groups like Los Campesinos!, as lead singer Nobuo Sinohara boasts a higher-pitched voice and the band tend to slip into extra-excited territory (see group hollered chorus). The track’s part of a compilation put together by Northern Blossom Records, and you can listen to it here. Also featured on this comp are Tokyo outfit Bugy Craxone. If “Touch & Go!!” gets a bit too straightforward for ya, Bugy bring the much more erratic “Perfect” to the table. Opening like a particularly stripped-to-the skeleton Deerhoof song complete with high-pitched singing and tickity-tock drums, “Perfect” soon erupts into a messy lurching song seeing Bugy Craxone slowly reconstructing the pieces as they go along. A 50-second sample is the only thing running here, but it offers a lot of promise.
- We’ve moved! Check out the new site…
- New BOYISH: “The Hidden Secrets”
- Preview A New Perfume Track Now: “Hurly Burly”
- Aren’t In Kansas Anymore: MFP’s “Don’t U Cry No More”
- New Pop-Office: “Young Town Blood Turn”
- Hotel Mexico Cover Ed N.Stead: “Under Consideration”
- New The Paellas: “Following”
- New EeL: “Peekaboo”
- New Talon: “Miss You”
- New Magical Mistakes: “Bright Light” (With Matthewdavid And Illuminauts Remixes)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.