That opening guitar salvo. Don’t read it the wrong way when I say no moment on Soulkid’s latest single “Jellyfish” comes close to matching those opening seconds – there is plenty to like here. Like how the guitars hop from idea to idea, sometimes zigging out of this song entirely for a sec to try a different sound out. Or how the drums get all frantic on the verse following the first chorus, it sounds cool. But nothing sounds quite as intriguing as three guitars hockey-skating over one another to form an attention-grabbing blast of power-pop. Fine enough song, but give me more opening. Props to SparkPlugged for postin’ this first.
- We’ve moved! Check out the new site…
- New BOYISH: “The Hidden Secrets”
- Preview A New Perfume Track Now: “Hurly Burly”
- Aren’t In Kansas Anymore: MFP’s “Don’t U Cry No More”
- New Pop-Office: “Young Town Blood Turn”
- Hotel Mexico Cover Ed N.Stead: “Under Consideration”
- New The Paellas: “Following”
- New EeL: “Peekaboo”
- New Talon: “Miss You”
- New Magical Mistakes: “Bright Light” (With Matthewdavid And Illuminauts Remixes)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.