Everything about DARK-EYES seems so simply obvious – an all-girl 50s/60s throwback rock band with a whole one song online. They wear matching outfits for crying out loud! I know everything I need to know about solitary tune “I Wanna Be Your Girlfriend” before I hit play, yet I still got caught up in the track’s easy catchiness. DARK-EYES really don’t do much twisting or turning here, mostly just riding out the same thrift store riff while singing “I wanna be your girlfriend.” They work in some slight verses and background chirping, but nothing remotely wild. Yet “I Wanna Be Your Girlfriend” won’t leave my head! It’s a recreation, sure, but one done so well it’s hard to resit. A catchy carbon copy. Listen here.
- We’ve moved! Check out the new site…
- New BOYISH: “The Hidden Secrets”
- Preview A New Perfume Track Now: “Hurly Burly”
- Aren’t In Kansas Anymore: MFP’s “Don’t U Cry No More”
- New Pop-Office: “Young Town Blood Turn”
- Hotel Mexico Cover Ed N.Stead: “Under Consideration”
- New The Paellas: “Following”
- New EeL: “Peekaboo”
- New Talon: “Miss You”
- New Magical Mistakes: “Bright Light” (With Matthewdavid And Illuminauts Remixes)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.