I’ll admit right up front, I love bedroom music. Something about people, often in solitude, crafting achingly pretty music just gets me somehow. It’s why we post about She Talks Silence so much (still trying to find that debut album!) and it’s why I write about Tokyo’s NITES. Deliberately vague in description, NITES blanket-warm atmosphere brings to mind current day king of bedroom pop Atlas Sound, particularly his more ambient experiments that once littered the official Deerhunter blog (a more obscure but maybe appropriate comparison would be with NITES MySpace pal Foxes In Fiction, who also leans heavily towards ambience over structure). Voices float far off in the background, melting into the rising electronics giving these songs a sense of solitary peace. Listen here.
- We’ve moved! Check out the new site…
- New BOYISH: “The Hidden Secrets”
- Preview A New Perfume Track Now: “Hurly Burly”
- Aren’t In Kansas Anymore: MFP’s “Don’t U Cry No More”
- New Pop-Office: “Young Town Blood Turn”
- Hotel Mexico Cover Ed N.Stead: “Under Consideration”
- New The Paellas: “Following”
- New EeL: “Peekaboo”
- New Talon: “Miss You”
- New Magical Mistakes: “Bright Light” (With Matthewdavid And Illuminauts Remixes)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.