Lillies And Remains don’t have the idea of “timing” down perfectly when it comes to getting good. “Devaloka,” a new song from the band’s forthcoming Meru EP, basically sounds like a slightly more energetic Interpol. Had the band conceived of this song sometime in the immediate months following the all-around thud of Our Love To Admire, they might have been able to grab some attention as “being a better Interpol than Interpol.” Unfortunately, The Horrors beat them too that one. Still, with Interpol seemingly out of the game, LaR could have grabbed a little of the market share…their lead singer sounds just like Paul Banks! Alas, Interpol are back with a new album this summer. Doesn’t erase the fact “Devaloka” stands as a big step forward for the band, this being miles better than their earlier, less exciting sound. I just hope they didn’t miss a chance to get some attention.
- We’ve moved! Check out the new site…
- New BOYISH: “The Hidden Secrets”
- Preview A New Perfume Track Now: “Hurly Burly”
- Aren’t In Kansas Anymore: MFP’s “Don’t U Cry No More”
- New Pop-Office: “Young Town Blood Turn”
- Hotel Mexico Cover Ed N.Stead: “Under Consideration”
- New The Paellas: “Following”
- New EeL: “Peekaboo”
- New Talon: “Miss You”
- New Magical Mistakes: “Bright Light” (With Matthewdavid And Illuminauts Remixes)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.