Cubismo Grafico (along with his Five) have always struck me as a little fun-loving and at times goofy. But…heart on sleeve? I first thought “Chuckit,” from Cubismo Grafico Five’s new album Double Dozen, could be a bit of gag – it’s all “We Are The World” unison singing complete with a video that opens up in front of waves crashing in on a beach. Tim And Eric skit incoming right? But…Cubismo Grafico Five don’t milk this, but rather build on it, adding more voices until my stonewall emotions are breached and I admit it’s a really simple and beautiful track. The synth line lurking in the background deserves a special shout-out, a weird mix of downtrodden and hopefulness. Album’s out on July 7, and something tells me it’ll go great with a viewing of Toy Story 3.
- We’ve moved! Check out the new site…
- New BOYISH: “The Hidden Secrets”
- Preview A New Perfume Track Now: “Hurly Burly”
- Aren’t In Kansas Anymore: MFP’s “Don’t U Cry No More”
- New Pop-Office: “Young Town Blood Turn”
- Hotel Mexico Cover Ed N.Stead: “Under Consideration”
- New The Paellas: “Following”
- New EeL: “Peekaboo”
- New Talon: “Miss You”
- New Magical Mistakes: “Bright Light” (With Matthewdavid And Illuminauts Remixes)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.