“Parade” sounds lonely enough before they kick in – scattered twinkles surround some downtrodden guitar and they announce “this will be a sad song.” Then, they kick in, they being the deep drum rumbles. They add a surprising menace to a track otherwise excellently uneasy. Stray electric sounds drift away in the background and Flau absolutely kills it with her voice, a J-Pop-worthy silk work dripping with some sad resignation. It’s the drums, reverberating into the track, that make “Parade” something special by casting an ominous shadow over an otherwise downbeat tune. Listen here.
- We’ve moved! Check out the new site…
- New BOYISH: “The Hidden Secrets”
- Preview A New Perfume Track Now: “Hurly Burly”
- Aren’t In Kansas Anymore: MFP’s “Don’t U Cry No More”
- New Pop-Office: “Young Town Blood Turn”
- Hotel Mexico Cover Ed N.Stead: “Under Consideration”
- New The Paellas: “Following”
- New EeL: “Peekaboo”
- New Talon: “Miss You”
- New Magical Mistakes: “Bright Light” (With Matthewdavid And Illuminauts Remixes)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.