Sloppy Joe’s “Portrait” doesn’t require much dissection. It’s pretty straightforward indie-pop with a bit of a Smith’s swagger to it courtesy of the guitars. Plus its loaded up with trumpet. Just because “Portrait” carries all the hallmarks of twee past, though, doesn’t mean it’s bad. Sloppy Joe clearly studied up on how to create great indie-pop, because “Portrait” is just that. Just gotta keep it simple sometimes.
- We’ve moved! Check out the new site…
- New BOYISH: “The Hidden Secrets”
- Preview A New Perfume Track Now: “Hurly Burly”
- Aren’t In Kansas Anymore: MFP’s “Don’t U Cry No More”
- New Pop-Office: “Young Town Blood Turn”
- Hotel Mexico Cover Ed N.Stead: “Under Consideration”
- New The Paellas: “Following”
- New EeL: “Peekaboo”
- New Talon: “Miss You”
- New Magical Mistakes: “Bright Light” (With Matthewdavid And Illuminauts Remixes)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.