My mind isn’t nearly as sharp as it once was but I swear last I checked Twinkle Twinkles online presence they only featured three songs, not the current six. So unless I pushed out the memory of what songs appeared in the group’s MySpace-provided music player to make room for my weekly grocery list, these additions are new to me. The trio of new tracks keep in line with the Twinkles garage-rock image, sounding both frantically fuzzy and as if they were recorded inside an abandoned U-Haul. “Cinderella,” in particular, comes off like it was recorded from the next room over. A little more loud is the driving “Sukissukissu,” where hints of nursery-rhyme delivery appear in the chorus but quickly get battered down by the band’s guitars. Best of all though is “Strawberry Heavenly,” which explores similar girl-group territory as The Suzan but without that Fool’s Gold money behind it. Listen here.
- We’ve moved! Check out the new site…
- New BOYISH: “The Hidden Secrets”
- Preview A New Perfume Track Now: “Hurly Burly”
- Aren’t In Kansas Anymore: MFP’s “Don’t U Cry No More”
- New Pop-Office: “Young Town Blood Turn”
- Hotel Mexico Cover Ed N.Stead: “Under Consideration”
- New The Paellas: “Following”
- New EeL: “Peekaboo”
- New Talon: “Miss You”
- New Magical Mistakes: “Bright Light” (With Matthewdavid And Illuminauts Remixes)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.