As the image above indicates, “The Hidden Secrets” also doubles as the name for Tokyo indie-pop outfit BOYISH’s newest EP, one which was slated to come out on July 25 but as of 11:18 P.M. on that day isn’t anywhere to be seen (I guess check for an update if it appears by the time this posts). Still, BOYISH have served up a preview in the form of the title track. BOYISH tend to have two modes of twee – they either sound sorta explosive in their ennui or downtrodden and muffled. “The Hidden Secrets” is the latter, as the vocals sound mumbled and have been recorded as to me nearly unintelligible. The guitars and the beat, though, dash ahead and do an excellent imitation of 80’s indie-pop, which is what this group does oh so well anyway. Listen below.
- Ventla is back, new albums coming soon, one new song online makebelievemelodies.com/?p=11083 2 hours ago
- RT @Mulboyne: Guy sitting in the FCCJ lobby when Funassi arrived looks underwhelmed. http://t.co/UV0LXp5Moo 4 hours ago
- Going through my timeline to see if anyone has spoken ill of Funassyi today, will be blocked, am not messing around #nashisquad 4 hours ago
- RT @pitchfork: Rima Kato's (@rimakato_) Faintly Lit reviewed by @mbmelodies p4k.co/JVCDk http://t.co/1EN4SdFgGp 16 hours ago
- In case your wondering what the differences between American/Japanese media are, a morning show just had an in-depth segment on the dress 16 hours ago