As the image above indicates, “The Hidden Secrets” also doubles as the name for Tokyo indie-pop outfit BOYISH’s newest EP, one which was slated to come out on July 25 but as of 11:18 P.M. on that day isn’t anywhere to be seen (I guess check for an update if it appears by the time this posts). Still, BOYISH have served up a preview in the form of the title track. BOYISH tend to have two modes of twee – they either sound sorta explosive in their ennui or downtrodden and muffled. “The Hidden Secrets” is the latter, as the vocals sound mumbled and have been recorded as to me nearly unintelligible. The guitars and the beat, though, dash ahead and do an excellent imitation of 80′s indie-pop, which is what this group does oh so well anyway. Listen below.
- I'm about to get on a plane, but taking the time to tell you to listen to a new @thepaellas song makebelievemelodies.com/?p=9860 13 hours ago
- Shouts out to whoever pitched the AKB48 book for 33 1/3 15 hours ago
- Check out a new album from @AkoustikShadow makebelievemelodies.com/?p=9857 17 hours ago
- RT @jt_sloosh: 関西を拠点に活動するエレクトロ系トラックメイカー兼プロデューサー、イードン (@Eadonmm) のアルバム「Aqonis」がピッチフォークで7.5点獲得！これは衝撃的なデビュー！きゃりーぱみゅぱみゅ、カプセルを上回るハイスコアです！ http:/… 1 day ago
- Reviewed the unsettling (and great) debut album from Kyoto's Eadonmm for @pitchforkmedia m.pitchfork.com/reviews/albums… 1 day ago